With a new year on the horizon, now is the perfect time to reflect on how you’re progressing with your professional development goals and what opportunities are still available this year to help you achieve them. HR’s Organization and Professional Development (OPD) department has spots open in the following courses to support your learning and development before the year ends.
Find a list of upcoming courses:
- Maximize the Spartan Experience | November 8 | Virtual
This engaging training provides a foundational perspective related to enhanced customer service delivery.
- Payments to Non-U.S. Citizens and International Vendors | November 8 | Virtual
Employees coordinating and preparing Disbursement Voucher payments to non-U.S. citizens/international vendors can learn about the documentation required.
- Strategic Planning | November 15 | Virtual
Participants will gain a foundational base for implementing strategic planning in a unit.
- Records Management and Retention at MSU| November 16 | Virtual
Learn the rules, regulations, and strategies to help manage university records.
- Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue | November 16 AND 17 | In-person
This program teaches techniques that allow you to make room for different opinions and perspectives, find mutual respect and common purpose, and dialogue openly.
- Ready, Set, Change! | November 17 | In-person
Based on April Callis-Birchmeier’s #1 Amazon bestselling book, Ready, Set, Change! discover a simpler and faster approach to help individuals and organizations adopt change to ensure objectives are met.
- Performance Management for Hybrid Teams | December 6 | In-person
This class will share best practices and identify tips and strategies for developing strong and high-performing hybrid teams using MSU’s Performance Excellence process.
- Conflict Management and Non-Escalation | December 6 AND 7 | In-person
The primary goals of this course are conflict resolution, de-escalation, crisis management, and everyone’s safety. This training will prepare participants to apply the taught skills to real-life situations and to retain those skills over time.
- Writing Policies and Procedures | December 7 | Virtual
Learn proven strategies and methods for successfully writing policies and procedures in clear terms that can be understood by all.
- Identify and Maximize Your Strengths | December 13 | In-person
Identify your natural patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving, so that you can discover what makes you exceptional and maximize your potential.
- Managing and Leading Across Locations | December 13 | In-person
Whether you’re currently supervising an existing hybrid team, preparing for changes related to MSU’s new remote work policy, or looking for strategies to address the unique challenges you may encounter while leading in our current environment, this session will help you integrate new skills into your leadership practice through interactive exercises and peer-to-peer learning.
You can find all the current Organization and Professional Development courses on the HR website. Class enrollment is completed within the EBS Portal. Employees may use available educational assistance funds towards course fees (if any).