We welcome MSU faculty, staff, and departments to submit information for possible publication on the SourceLive news blog. Submitting content does not guarantee publication, but all submissions will be thoughtfully reviewed and considered for use on the site. Content may be edited for length or style. Content from sources outside the MSU community is rarely accepted.
Content Submission Guidelines
Meeting the following guidelines will increase the likelihood that your submission will be used:
- Audience. Please remember our target audience is the MSU workforce, not the general public (though the public can access the site as well). We are most interested in information needed by or of interest to a significant percentage of the MSU workforce.
- Length. We are looking for small pieces of content that are easy to read or scan quickly. The length of your submission ideally should not exceed 500 words, but you can include links to more detailed information already available on a reputable website (preferably an MSU-related website). Video submissions should ideally be less than 2 or 3 minutes in length.
- Duplication. We seek content that does not duplicate information we have already published or compete with information already widely available through more appropriate news or public relations venues.
- Fit. Familiarize yourself with the site before submitting information. Content that matches the site’s style and fits well into one of the site’s existing content categories is more likely to be used than content that is not a good fit.
- Time. Submit your content as far in advance of the desired publication date as possible.
- Visuals. Feel free to supplement your story with a photo or a video. You must have legal rights to the images or videos you submit (don’t take images from other websites that you don’t have permission to use).
How to Submit Content
- Please send an email to HRcommteam@hr.msu.edu with the words “SourceLive Submission” in the subject line.
- In the body of your email please provide your contact information, including your name, phone number, where you work, and any other details you would like us to know that are relevant to your content.
- Attach the article(s) you wish to submit to the email in the form of a Microsoft Word document. If you have an accompanying graphic that you have rights to use, please attach that as well.
- If you want to submit a video, we prefer first receiving a link to your already published video rather than a video file via email. Video files are often too large to email well, so if you are sending it to us another way, just let us know what to expect in your email.
What Happens After I Hit Send?
Once you send your email to HRcommteam@hr.msu.edu, it is automatically routed to the HR Communications Team. A member of the team will let you know as soon as possible if we plan to use your content.