We welcome the MSU community to comment on SourceLive stories and/or ask questions about our content. Comments are moderated and may take a few days to appear, though we will strive for same day moderation.
We reserve the right to decline to publish some comments. If we decline to publish a comment, it will typically be for one of the following reasons:
- The comment is essentially unrelated to the topic of the article.
- The comment contains very personal or confidential information that could be used to harm the poster, such as social security numbers or private medical information.
- The comment contains information or opinions that could potentially violate the privacy of other individuals.
- The comment contains language that is obscene, derogatory, discriminatory or other language that an average person might consider offensive.
- The comment is abusive or singles out individuals or groups for the purpose of embarrassing, intimidating, or harassing them.
- The comment is clearly from someone who is not an MSU faculty or staff member and/or is trying to promote or sell services, ideas, or products or gather information.
- The comment was provided anonymously or under a screen name. We require that commenters identify themselves with their real names and a valid MSU email address. Names are published with the comment (but email addresses are not).
We are committed to publishing the majority of comments from the MSU community and only declining those that meet the above criteria.
Please note the comments section is intended for comments and general questions only. If you need help with a specific issue, please contact the HR Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu or 517-353-4434 (toll-free: 1-800-353-4434).