Are you looking for activities for you and your family in the upcoming month? There are events (in-person and virtual) on campus and in the Greater Lansing community. Many events require registration, so be sure to click the links to learn more.
- June 8 – Beal Botanical Garden Tour: Garden Youth Engagement at the Beal Botanical Garden: Learn about engaging and educating youth in a garden setting. Topics covered will include activities, play, and connecting all subjects from math to music to the natural world around us.
- June 25 – Spartan Jazz and the Garden’s 150th Anniversary Celebration, 2023 Music and the Garden Series: Experience music and nature at Beal Botanical Gardens.
- June 25 – Red Cedar Organ Recital with James Kibbie: Watch internationally renowned organist, James Kibbie, perform on MSU’s Létourneau in the Alumni Memorial Chapel.
- June 5 – Self-Compassion – An Essential Skill for Success: This course will provide an overview of the research on self-compassion, define what self-compassion is and challenge the myths about self-compassion that lead people to be overly harsh and critical with themselves.
- June 7 – Finding Time: Time Management Strategies for Busy Professionals: Improve skills that may help reduce strain related to task accomplishment and time constraints.
- June 13 – Cultural Competency: Join HR’s Organization and Professional Development team in building cultural awareness and inclusiveness skills that strengthen cultural competence.
- June 20 – Performance Management for Hybrid Teams: This class will share best practices, and identify tips and strategies for developing strong and high performing hybrid teams using MSU’s Performance Excellence process.
- June 21 – Taming the Email Beast: This program features specific tips for Outlook and Gmail users, but is applicable to any email user.
- Starting June 21 – Crucial Conversations® for Mastering Dialogue: This program teaches techniques that allow you to make room for different opinions and perspectives, find mutual respect and common purpose, and dialogue openly.
- June 22 – Ready, Set, Change!: Discover a simpler and faster approach to help individuals and organizations adopt change to ensure objectives are met.
Health & Wellness
- June 2 – Sleep: Understanding and Optimizing Your Nightly Reboot: This class will explore the science of sleep, the impact sleep has on overall health and wellbeing, and how to improve your sleep quality.
- June 15 – Ergonomic Best Practices for Workstation Comfort and Safety: This session will explore the basics of ergonomics, injury prevention, how to set up your workstation, standing desk use, and stretches/exercises to help reduce the risk of work-related pain.
- June 22 – Good Form Walking/Good Form Running Clinic: Improve efficiency of movement while running/walking with this helpful clinic.
- June 3 – Family Day: PLAY: Make creative connections with our exhibitions through free hands-on and interactive family fun throughout the museum. All ages are welcome.
- June 14 – Story Time at the Museum: Knowing Nature: Join East Lansing Public Library’s STEAM Educator Dr. Eric Berling for a nature-themed story time at the MSU Museum.