Mental health is one of the most important aspects of your overall well being. It can be difficult to focus on work when one’s mental health isn’t taken care of. In honor of World Mental Health Day, here are some resources you can use at MSU and in your personal life.
- Part of the Office of the University Physician, Health4U focuses on all aspects of health with resources, support groups and more.
- They offer a variety of resources dealing with mindfulness, psychological flexibility and more.
- Here are some courses from Health4U that promote mental wellbeing:
- WorkLife Office
- The WorkLife Office aims to create an inclusive, responsive work environment where all faculty and staff are respected and supported toward wellbeing in work and personal lives.
- There are a variety of webinars available to improve the lives of MSU employees in the workplace and at home.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EAP is a confidential counseling service provided at no cost to MSU faculty, staff, retirees, graduate student employees and their families.
- Appointments can be made on the EAP website and can be scheduled in-person or on Zoom.
- Lansing resources
- The City of Lansing offers a variety of mental health resources including Online Behavioral Health Screening and a directory of local therapists
- Community Mental Health Authority
- The CMHA of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham provides services to increase access to care, support people in crisis and provide treatment for those with the most serious and complex behavioral health needs regardless of their insurance coverage.
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- The Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States. The Lifeline recently changed to 988 for a shorter and easier to remember resource
Your mental health matters and MSU resources and benefits are available to get you—or keep you—on the path to a healthy body and healthy mind.