Father’s Day is right around the corner (June 19), and if you are looking to show the dad in your life that you care, look no further than these discounts! Whether it’s your dad, husband, father-in-law or any other important guy in your life, make sure to take advantage of these Father’s Day savings using MSU Benefits Plus.
To access all the discounts, visit MSU Benefits Plus and sign up for a free account using your MSU email address.
Check out some of these deals that you can find through MSU Benefits Plus:
- Forest Akers Golf Course – MSU employees with a valid MSU ID card receive reduced rates on playing and shopping at the two 18-hole championship layout golf courses and two full-service golf shops!
- Premium Seats USA – Get 10% off select sporting event tickets on Premium Seats USA using the code CORESTREAM at checkout!
- Dell – MSU employees get the best price on consumer PCs from Dell: Member Purchase Program savings up to 30% on select systems; exclusive member discounts on Alienware systems and mobile devices; and free shipping on Dell PCs $699 and above.
- Apple – MSU employees qualify for preferred pricing on all of Apple’s latest products. Order from the online Apple EPP store and identify yourself as a Corestream member when purchasing!
Shopping and Entertainment:
- AMC Theaters – MSU employees can save over 40% on E-tickets at AMC Theaters and all associated theaters including AMC Loews, AMC Showplace, Cineplex, Odeon, Magic Johnson and Star Theaters!
- Costco – Purchase a Costco Membership Activation Certificate to join as a new member and receive a Costco Shop Card valued at up to $20.
Find these savings as well as many other benefits by visiting the MSU Benefits Plus portal. Sign up or log in today and have a fun, family-filled Father’s Day.
Whether you’re expecting to give birth, adopt or foster a child, we’ve got some exciting news for future parents! Beginning January 1, 2021, Administrative Professional Association (APA) and Administrative Professional Supervisors Association (APSA) support staff members will be eligible for MSU’s parental leave.
How does it work?
This policy allows eligible employees to take a maximum of four weeks of paid parental leave (PPL) per birth, adoption or placement of a child/children into their household starting January 1, 2021. After that, the maximum number of weeks will increase gradually in the coming years depending on the union.
Eligible employees represented by APA can receive:
- A maximum of five weeks starting January 1, 2022
- A maximum of six weeks starting January 1, 2023
Eligible employees represented by APSA can receive a maximum of six weeks starting January 1, 2023.
For those employees who experience a birth, adoption, foster care, or guardianship on or after November 1, 2020, you will be eligible for paid parental leave starting January 1, 2021. Paid parental leave will not begin, however, before January 1, 2021.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the leave, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Have been continuously employed with MSU, on a full-time basis, for at least 24 consecutive months before the launch of the leave
- Have worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 consecutive months immediately before the date the leave would begin
- Be a full-time regular employee (part-time, temporary employees and on call are not eligible)
- Meet one of the following:
- Be the parent to the birth of a child, and to care for the newborn child; or
- The parent of a child under the age of 18, that is newly added to the household through adoption, legal guardianship or foster care.
For full eligibility requirements and policy details, please visit the Parental Leave Policy page.
If you have any questions about parental leave, please reach out to the Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu.
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will not be having an in-person Benefits Fair this year. Instead, we’re offering a Virtual Benefits Fair, which will consist of an online source for curated content from our benefits vendors (such as videos, brochures and more), along with special dates/times for virtual live chat options with HR staff and/or our benefit vendors. We encourage you to use these resources to help get answers to your questions or learn more about all the benefit options available to you as an MSU employee.
Dates and Times
The Virtual Benefits Fair will take place from October 12–16, with MSU HR staff and benefits vendors available to answer questions live via chat on Thursday, October 15 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, October 16 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (some vendor hours may vary for live chat).
How to Join
Click on this link to the Virtual Benefits Fair webpage to join the fair.
Please register with your name and email if you wish to interact with HR staff and benefit vendors during scheduled live chat sessions. You can then use the username and password you register with to login to the fair. View this Guide to Participating in the 2020 MSU Benefits Open Enrollment Fair for more information.
Participating Benefits Vendors
The following MSU benefits vendors and MSU units will be participating in the Virtual Benefits Fair:
- Aetna Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Blue Care Network
- Delta Dental
- Livongo (Diabetes Management)
- Teladoc (Telemedicine)/Teladoc Medical Experts (Formerly Best Doctors)
Life and AD&D
Flexible Spending Accounts
MSU Benefits Plus
- ARAG (Legal Group)
- Liberty Mutual (Auto & Home)
- MetLife (Critical Illness, Auto & Home)
- Nationwide (Pet)
- Transamerica (Long-term Care)
- VSP (Vision)
- MSU Health Team
- MSU Human Resources
- MSU IT Services
- MSU Organization and Professional Development
- MSU Pharmacy
- MSU WorkLife Office