Whether you’ve jumped into the new year with a list of goals to work on or need a little inspiration, HR Organization and Professional Development (OPD) has a variety of online, live courses to help you. Find a list of upcoming courses sorted by topic below. You’ll see some familiar course names now offered in a virtual format, alongside some newer courses like Managing Employees Remotely and The Power of Habit.
- Grammar Refresher – January 19: Strengthen your grammar and usage skills and present a more polished, professional image.
- Maximizing the Spartan Experience – February 3: This new and engaging training provides a foundational perspective related to enhanced customer service delivery.
- Certified Human Resources Specialist (CHRS) – February 2, 9, 16, 23 AND March 2: In this five-session series, participants will receive fundamental knowledge to be a successful HR professional. Pass a take-home exam to achieve CHRS certification.
- Advanced CHRS – March 3 AND March 4: This course will help you, as a Certified Human Resources Specialist (CHRS), stay up to date on important employment and labor law changes, among other topics.
- Engaging Teams for Maximum Performance – February 11: Methods of building trust, setting goals and providing feedback to help enhance employee engagement and working relationships will be shared.
- Managing Employees Remotely – January 20: Shifting to remote work has required changes in our perspectives and approaches to work, and successfully managing employees in this environment means strengthening new and different skills. Learn more about how to do just that in this new, one-hour virtual course.
- Query Studio – January 27: Query Studio is an ad hoc reporting tool that can be used to produce queries against enterprise data (HR and Finance) as well as additional data that has been added to the dimensional models in MSU’s enterprise data warehouse.
- Records Management and Retention at MSU – February 25: Learn the rules, regulations, and strategies to help manage university records. Class will cover both electronic and print documents.
- Everything DiSC: Behavior Styles at Work – January 14: Everything DiSC® helps you build more effective working relationships based on an understanding of different behavioral styles.
- The Power of Habit – February 23: In this course you will learn how habits are created and how to replace undesirable habits with productive ones. You will learn how to spot your habit loop, turn bad days into good data, and create habits that get the results you want.
You can find all the current virtual Organization and Professional Development courses on the HR website. Class enrollment is completed within the EBS Portal. Employees may use available educational assistance funds towards course fees (if any).