Does your supervisor understand the work/life balance? Is he/she supportive of each employee’s well-being and promote teamwork? You have the chance to nominate your supervisor for the 15th Annual Outstanding Supervisor Award for 2016. This award is presented by the MSU WorkLife office to honor supervisors who have consistently demonstrated work/life sensitivity and support of the professional and personal needs of the employees in his/her unit. The award is significant for reasons such as:
- The managerial style of a supervisor has a direct impact on the quality of the employees’ work and their loyalty to the university. Any supervisor, at any employment level and from all staff and academic units, may be nominated.
- When sincere consideration is given to an individual’s personal responsibilities outside the job, absenteeism may be reduced and morale and productivity are improved.
- By recognizing supervisors who do it well, we are setting an example of what makes a good supervisor. This will serve as a model for others in hopes of positively impacting managerial practices across campus.
Members of the MSU community are invited to nominate a supervisor/administrator who consistently demonstrates qualities such as:
- A positive leadership style which empowers others.
- Humanizes the work environment and treats employees as people first.
- Promotes teamwork while supporting individual’s well-being.
- Treats everyone with dignity, respect and integrity.
- Allows flexible schedules.
- Understands work/life balance.
- Sensitive to individual needs.
Nominations are currently being accepted online now through Monday, August 29. The Outstanding Supervisor Award Committee will review the nominations, and the selected recipients will be honored with surprise celebrations on or around National Bosses Day on October 16, 2016. Visit the WorkLife Office website for additional information. For any questions, contact the MSU WorkLife Office at 517-353-1635 or email Stroml@msu.edu.