As warmer weather approaches so do those seasonal allergies and other illnesses. Have you dealt with constant sneezing, congestion, runny nose and itchy eyes? They could be a sign of seasonal allergies, which come around when the weather becomes warmer and flowers begin to blossom. We know going outside can get difficult with pollen in the air, you’re not always able to enjoy those outdoor activities. Try to get ahead of it this season with Teladoc, you can get advice for allergies and other illnesses.
Allergies aren’t the only thing that can affect you during the spring time – different illnesses like asthma, Lyme’s Disease and respiratory viruses are all common illnesses during the warmer months.
Here are some tips to help you combat seasonal illnesses (Teladoc, 2016):
- On dry windy days, stay inside as much as possible.
- Hire someone to mow the lawn and other outside chores.
- Keep doors and windows closed at night (that’s when pollen counts are high).
- Use a dehumidifier to keep indoor air dry.
- After spending time outside, remove and wash your clothes immediately.
- Don’t hang laundry outside to dry.
- Wear a pollen mask if doing outside chores and activities.
We know that life can happen, and you may not always be able to see your physician. That’s when Teladoc comes in! Teladoc gives you 24/7 access to speak with a licensed health care professional by web, phone, or mobile app. Teladoc can send prescriptions to a nearby pharmacy when medically necessary. To speak with a licensed health care professional through Teladoc, you need to:
- Request: Ask to talk to a health care professional 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by web, phone or mobile app.
- Visit: Speak with a health care professional; take as much time as you need to explain your medical concern.
- Resolve: If medically necessary, a prescription will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
To find more information on this benefit you can visit the HR website. To sign up, visit Teladoc.com and click on “Member Login” to set up your Teladoc account. Then request a consult with an available medical professional. If you have any questions you can contact Teladoc directly at 1-800-Teladoc or visit the Teladoc website.
Teladoc. (2016, May 03). Seasonal Allergy Tips. Retrieved April 3, 2019, from https://www.teladoc.com/blog/2016/05/03/seasonal-allergy-tips/