Have you missed work due to last minute changes in the availability of your regular child or elder care provider? Did you know there is an MSU Backup Dependent Care Program available to faculty, staff, and students? The MSU WorkLife Office has collaborated with Home Instead Senior Care, a franchised national home care agency, to offer subsidized dependent care services to help care for your child or elder. The rate for staff and faculty is $7.00/hour. Home Instead Senior Care is available 24 hours a day.
What you need to know about this program:
- It provides in-home backup emergency care for dependents, including children and elders
- MSU subsidizes approximately 70% of the cost
- Contact Home Instead directly to request care
- Requests must be made at least four hours in advance
- Pre-registration is required
- MSU families are eligible for up to 20 hours of subsidized dependent care per MSU fiscal year