The MSU Mentors Program for support staff is returning in 2016 and is currently seeking both mentors and mentees to participate. This program is an important part of providing networking and professional development opportunities, strengthening one’s understanding of MSU’s culture and structure, and creating a vital link between organizational memory and future innovation.
The program will run from October 2016 through early August 2017. Both mentors and mentees will be asked to commit to attending a six-hour orientation in October and to meet two hours per month.
Mentee benefits include:
- Access to support system during key stages of career development
- Gain an experienced perspective on navigating your career and approaching your work
- Broaden your professional network
- Identify skill gaps and how to bridge them
- Get honest, informational feedback
- Increase your understanding of business practices and institutional knowledge
Mentor benefits include:
- Further develop coaching, communication and leadership skills
- Help to develop and retain talent in the organization
- Exchange ideas and perspectives on your work and career
- Broaden your network and extend it to another
- Gain personal satisfaction from helping someone else develop
- Learn more about yourself through helping others
For more information, visit the MSU Mentors Program page or contact Kathie Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-884-8894. For those interested in being a mentee or mentor, contact Kathie Elliott for an application. In order to evaluate matches, please return all applications by July 1.