Warmer weather on the horizon means more opportunities to get outside! If you need some ideas to help you and your family get active this spring, the following resources and opportunities are available for MSU employees:
- Biking: One of the easiest ways to add exercise to your daily routine is to attach it to an activity or habit you perform already, such as your commute to work. MSU Bikes provides support with a variety of commuter resources to help you bike to work with confidence, including a 1-on-1 Bike Commuter Assistance service which helps you find the safest, lowest-stress route to and from campus to your neighborhood. If you’re working remotely, there are a variety of Greater Lansing area biking groups you could join instead. The MSU Bikes Service Center also offers new and used bikes, rentals (long and short term), as well as a repair service.
- Sailing, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Kayaking: The MSU Sailing Center is located on Lake Lansing in Haslett just east of campus and opens on May 6! The Sailing Center strives to provide a safe, supportive and welcoming learning environment for all participants. Consider participating in one of their many programs, including a learn to sail course, paddle sports, group outings and private lessons. MSU employees can receive a discounted rate for membership.
- Tennis: At the MSU Tennis Center you can book a court for singles or doubles or participate in one of their adult instructional classes or drill sessions. There’s something for everyone with classes geared toward both beginners and pro-level players.
- Golf: MSU Forest Akers offers teaching programs for golfers of all ages and abilities, including adult group classes and private instruction, and a casual golf league for all skill levels. MSU employees can also access the golf range and courses at discounted rates.
- Swimming: Present a valid staff or faculty ID to use one of the pools available on campus for laps or open swimming during designated pool hours. The Spartan Swim School will be offering adult swim lessons for the summer semester.
- Group Fitness Classes: MSU Recreational Sports and Fitness offer a variety of group fitness classes with membership pricing for MSU employees.
- MSU Benefits Plus offers a bunch of health and wellness discounts, including a virtual gym membership through GlobalFit. After you log in to MSU Benefits Plus, select Employee Discounts from the top navigation, then Health and Wellness – GlobalFit will be one of the options.
- Sign up for a virtual Chair Yoga I, Chair Yoga II or Good Form Walking/Running class through MSU Health4U.