Throughout the past few months, life has drastically changed for many due to the effects from the recent public health crisis. For those MSU employees who may have been furloughed or laid off, the MSU Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and MSU Health4U Program are offering a special session of their Essential Skills for Navigating Difficult Times webinar series. Lisa Laughman, MSU’s Lead Emotional Wellness Consultant, will facilitate an eight-week basic resilience training course designed to help employees experiencing furlough to process emotions and effectively navigate both personal and professional challenges.
The purpose of the course is to provide basic emotional resilience skill building to help individuals navigate all the challenges that their temporary employment status, the COVID-19 pandemic, national protests, and other life circumstances may be creating for them. It is also offered to provide support and connection to the campus community as the furlough period unfolds.
This basic resilience training program will provide participants:
- Operating instructions for personal, emotional guidance system.
- Practical reset skills to help regain a sense of balance and perspective during these difficult days.
- Introduction to six skills that will help strengthen psychological flexibility.
- Skill-building to help understand and navigate the full range of human emotions required for rich, meaningful life.
- Value clarification exercises to help claim the core values to navigate whatever comes in this time of crisis and change.
This on-line resilience training program will begin on Tues., June 9 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and will run for eight consecutive weeks. All interested employees can register here. Sessions will be offered via Zoom and those who register will be sent Zoom connection information following their registration.
For any questions about this program, contact Lisa Laughman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.