With summer right around the corner, many students are heading home to refresh, recharge and prepare for another academic year. A quieter campus means you might also have some time to refresh and recharge your professional or personal development goals. Summertime is the perfect opportunity to look at your schedule and figure out which professional development courses available in the coming months interest you most.
Luckily, Organization and Professional Development (OPD) is offering a variety of courses this summer to help you reach your goals. Are you a new or experienced supervisor looking to improve your leadership skills? Or maybe you’re interested in finding out how to leverage your natural strengths and work behavior styles? Whatever your personal and/or professional goals, OPD has a variety of courses to help you succeed.
Courses to Improve Your Skills as a Supervisor or Leader:
- June 6: Essentials of Employee Relations
- June 20: New Supervisor Essentials
- June 26 & 27: Crucial Accountability
- July 24: Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
- July 31: Leading Change
Personal Development Courses:
- June 5: Identify and Maximize Your Strengths
- July 18: Everything DiSC: Behavior Styles at Work
- July 23: From Distracted to Productive
- July 24: Honing Your Emotional Intelligence
Communication and Customer Service Courses:
- June 12/13: Crucial Conversations
- June 13: Ten Tactics for Powerful Business Writing
- July 17: Managing Difficult Customers
- July 25: Communicating and Influencing Up
You can find all current OPD courses on the HR website. Sign-up through the EBS Portal. MSU support staff should remember that they may have access to Educational Assistance to help with any course registration fees. Questions? Contact HR Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu or 517-353-4434.